A dental veneer is a ceramic or composite shell that will cover a stained, slightly damaged or misaligned tooth by bonding.
The benefits of dental veneers
The placement of dental veneers is an aesthetic treatment that only concerns the front teeth. They have several advantages:
- They preserve the teeth because they only cover their visible face.
- They harmonize your smile while keeping a very natural shade thanks to the ceramic.
- The color of the veneers does not change over time and a simple annual cleaning at your dentist in Nantes will be enough to keep their original color.
- Solid and made to last, you can keep your dental veneers between 10 and 20 years, depending on your dental hygiene.
Dental veneers as an alternative to other treatments
For stained teeth , dental veneers can be a good alternative to tooth whitening which is sometimes ineffective on very stained or stained teeth by taking medication for example.
For slightly damaged teeth , dental veneers avoid having to put a crown.
For teeth that are misaligned or with slight gaps, dental veneers are also a good alternative to orthodontic treatment such as dental braces.
Finally, veneers therefore have the advantage of being able to treat several pathologies at the same time: yellow and misaligned teeth for example.
How is the laying of veneers carried out?
The laying of dental veneers is an aesthetic treatment that requires great precision in order to obtain a natural result. This is why your dentist performs local anesthesia , not to avoid pain since the act is painless, but to avoid any movement that could disrupt the treatment. The laying of dental veneers then happens in 2 steps:
- The tooth that will receive the veneer is first “prepared”: it is filed down to create a surface ready for bonding.
- The ceramic veneer is then simply applied to the tooth by bonding
What are Lumineers Veneers?
Made to measure, the ultra-thin Lumineers veneers will bring your smile back to life. Non-invasive and painless, they are a very interesting alternative to traditional veneers. All the studies conducted show that Lumineers dental veneers can last more than 20 years. Your radiant smile will therefore follow you everywhere and for many years to come.
The Lumineers, as thin as contact lenses, are placed without cutting the teeth.
Transform your smile with ease: Lumineers technology
Choosing the Lumineers dental veneers solution means that in just two consultations you will come out with a brand new, bright smile. During the first visit you will make a mold of your teeth . Then during the second the dental surgeon will apply the Lumineers dental veneers , ensuring that they fit perfectly with the shape and color of your teeth . Everything will be painless.
Lumineers: All the difference
You should know that there are several types of dental veneers . Unlike traditional veneers, which are generally long and painful, Lumineers dental veneers are applied quickly and painlessly.
A Lumineers veneer compared to a traditional veneer
Laying traditional veneers
Traditional veneers in most cases involve trimming teeth that are in perfect condition , making the process then irreversible. In addition, the process can be quite long since it will take several appointments with your dentist .
The major disadvantages with traditional dental veneers are:
- They are more likely to peel compared to pellicular veneers because the bonding surface with Lumineers veneers is the enamel, which is the best possible surface on the tooth.
- You can feel sensitivity after the laying of traditional veneers because the tooth is cut (even at a minimum) and the nerve can sometimes react.
The Benefits of Lumineers Dental Veneers
Lumineers dental veneers, on the other hand, do not usually require any size of the tooth and even less a perforation of its structure. So you won’t be in any pain . This is due to their ultra-thin construction which will allow your dentist to apply them without invasive treatment and of course in just 2 consultations.