The length is the first thing that comes to mind when purchasing a new necklace. But, sometimes determining the length of the necklace may be tricky. You may face this situation when buying a necklace online. Therefore, you don’t have the luxury of attempting a necklace to see how it matches as you would in-store.
We have written this blog to help you to pick the right necklace size. So, you get the fit and entire look that you want.
Standard Necklace Lengths
Necklaces come in a range of sizes. The standard necklace lengths are such as 16”, 18”, 20”, 22”, 24” and 30”. It does not mean that you are looking for a short necklace that hugs the collarbone or a long necklace that drapes down your chest. Our blog about the different necklace lengths can assist you to choose the size you need. Read on to learn more about some of the most frequent necklace lengths.
16-Inch Necklace Length
- The Fit: Sits gently around the base of the neck on the pinnacle of the clavicle
- Wear With: V-necks, scoop necks, boat necks, and button-up blouses
These necklaces are known as a choker or bibs. You can pair 16-inch necklaces nicely with all necklines. Wearing this 16-inch necklace will provide a refined and candy way to decorate an outfit.
18-Inch Necklace Length
- The Fit: Falls simply beneath the collarbone
- Wear With: These necklaces go with almost all necklines
However, 18-inch, or princess, necklaces are the most famous necklace length. They can be worn with any neckline and outfit – transitioning from a chic, daily appearance to an elegant night ensemble.
20-Inch Necklace Length
- The Fit: Sits a few inches beneath the collarbone
- Wear With: Therefore, you can pair nicely with most necklines.
“Matinée” refers to necklaces that fall within the 20-24 inch size vary. Therefore, it generally hit someplace between the collarbone and breastbone.
22-Inch Necklace Length
- The Fit: Falls in the center between the clavicle and bust line
- Wear With: However, you can pair these length necklaces with low or plunging necklines
However, this mid-length necklace enhances decreased necklines especially well.
24-Inch Necklace Length
- The Fit: Hits at or simply above the bust line
- Wear With: Looks stunning layered with different necklaces
However, the longest of the matinée necklaces, 24-inch necklaces are a terrific size for layers with unique chain lengths, like a princess-length or opera-length chain.
30-Inch Necklace Length
- The Fit: Falls just beneath the bust line
- Wear With: Higher necklines like boat necks, cowl necks, and turtlenecks
Necklaces that fall inside the 28”- 36” range are regarded as opera necklaces. Therefore, these lengthier patterns are famous necklaces in vogue.
Necklace Length Guide
To pick the proper necklace size, you ought to think about your height, neck size, and physique type. Therefore, these elements can impact how a necklace size is going to lay. A necklace is able to draw attention to the place of the body that it hits. So, hold this in your mind when buying a halsketten damen women ‘s necklace set.