Virtual career fairs are the innovative digital solutions to an otherwise traditional hiring setup.
Virtual career fairs make job hunting easy and save time. Companies are in for various benefits through virtual career fairs. One of the biggest advantages of virtual job fair opportunities is that they transcend the barrier of area, location and space issues. The career fair software acquires talent on a global level. There is no hassle about seats or venues and that is where virtual job exhibitions and fairs become budget-friendly.
However, they do come with challenges, especially if a company or brand is just starting. But the right mix of discussions to generate solutions coupled with the help of information technology can go a long way to make the process smooth.
Certain aspects can be incorporated into virtual job fair setups which not only ensure engagement but also help companies in finding talented job seekers.
Here are 8 must-have features for a virtual career fair platform:
- Landing pages are important – They are the flag bearers of virtual hiring event software. When landing pages are designed in a way that reflects the tone of the event as well as the target audience, there is bound to be engagement from the audience. But it is not the quantity that influences quality. A landing page should come up with registration forms as they help in assembling the right talent and employers know the number of people applying for a position. Participants and their contact details entailed in a form make it easy to track them.
Landing pages should also incorporate a career page which helps participants with knowing their schedule accordingly for any upcoming event and they should also get to know exactly what an employer is looking for. The landing page should be an amalgamation of the company’s images, testimonials, overview, schedule, agenda, and other information.
- Virtual Career Fair Software is elevated with a visual experience– Virtual trade fairs, job fairs, exhibitions, and conferences attract audiences in real-time when appealing 3D features are used. 3D spaces help in recreating the experience of offline office cubicles. Virtual career fairs imitate formal workplace versions, barring expensive plane tickets, boisterous calls, and offline hustle.
Virtual events get creative by setting up animated workplaces, corridors, hallways, and event spots in such a way that participants login and get the feeling of entering a physical offline event.
Employers can easily customize the virtual software to look like their office and hallway spaces. This feature ditches the same old templates and helps employers imitate the company background. This helps participants get accustomed to the virtual reality of their office settings.
- Booths that boost the brand- For any brand, attracting viewers and participants is the metric for success. For any virtual career fair to be successful, participants should arrive at custom-made booths of the company. Virtual booths should be designed exactly like the features of a real-time company. From color schemes to objectives, virtual booths are imitations of the offline company. They should be accessible to participants to gain essential information. They should have resources, tabs, and other creatively engaging options which help participants in engagement and learning. Such resources include chat windows, videos, presentations, files, and brochures.
- Job Boards make the job easy- Career fairs have an important advantage and that is – a hassle-free hiring process. Jobs can be posted on job boards with an influx of applications in real-time. Job boards are part of booths in virtual career fairs where employers notify applicants about an opportunity and job seekers send applications on the spot in real-time.
Job boards help employers with meeting job seekers face to face rather than just skimming through resumes. Employers work according to their needs and employ filters to select specific skills that they are looking for in applicants, in real-time. Job boards make it seamless for applicants to search, apply and submit resumes for the jobs that they find the most suitable and relevant to their skills, in real-time.
- Novel and Engaging Content- Immersive content is a prerequisite to grabbing the attention of attendees at the virtual job Fair event. A video repository can be a great starter for the setup. Employers should make motivational and powerful videos for participants to watch.
Employers can also make engrossing webinars possible. When employers speak passionately about the vision of their company, participants are bound to be engrossed and they get to understand more about the company culture. Employers can use webinars as a golden opportunity to interact with a purpose. Webinars have great demand in real-time as well. Career fair events can carry out interesting on-demand and live content similar to panel discussions, Q&A sessions, and also content generated from remote speakers. This constant influx of content keeps participants engaged and informed in the virtual space as they navigate through various jobs.
- Outputs that can be measured- A virtual career fair shows reach and insights in real-time. Reporting is how metrics are kept in check. There is a report that shows how many participants viewed content, registered for the booth, visited resources, and attended webinars. The metrics also comprise applications submitted by participants and conversations started in chat rooms.
- Help Desk to the rescue- A help desk with an active technology provider goes a long way in ensuring that the queries of participants are answered proactively in real-time.
- Content that promotes accessibility- The virtual career fair can be called a great success when it reaches out not only in terms of views but also in terms of how accessible it is. Falling under the guidelines of Web Content Accessibility is significant for digital career fairs. Content should offer a specific color contrast. The text characters should be readable and fluid. The webinar should have closed captions available along with narrations open on a page. That is the mantra for a successful, inclusive, and thoughtful event.
These tips, therefore, can elevate a virtual career fair for an innovative and engaging experience that ensures a reliable connection between employers and the required talent for various departments across organizations. Dreamcast is a virtual event platform that has all the necessary features mentioned above.