They say, ‘The healthy outside starts from the inside’, Well, that’s right!
Your health your priority? Awesome! You must be aware of the keto diet, then.
A ketogenic or keto diet is the key to maintaining proper weight as it is all about high-fat and low-carb. The only downside is the strain in preparing it, especially in the case of beginners. Bother not, as the top-notch meal delivery services let you embrace the goodness of keto meal with an easy-breezy mind.
As said, a ketogenic diet is rich in fats and has very low carbs. Keto diet meals are very similar to Atkins and low-carb diets. Following the keto diet requires drastically reducing the intake of carbohydrates and replacing it with healthy fats. The sudden reduction in carbohydrates leads the body into a metabolic state called ketosis.
This phenomenon helps your body burn fat fast for energy. Your body also starts transforming the fat in the liver into ketones that help in supplying energy to the brain. The keto diet consists of meals with high fat and low carb, which has many health benefits.
Ingredients of A Vegetarian Keto Diet
A Keto Diet includes healthy fats, non-starchy veggies and protein sources like:
- Healthy fats like coconut oil, olive oil, MCT oil, avocado oil, etc.
- Nuts like walnuts, almonds, cashews, pistachios, brazil nuts, macadamia nuts, etc.
- Non-starchy veggies like broccoli, kale, cauliflower, bell peppers, zucchini, etc.
- Seeds like flax, chia, hemp, and pumpkin seeds.
- Protein like spirulina, natto, tofu, and nutritional yeast.
- Nut butter like peanut, pecan, almond and hazelnut butter.
- Herbs and seasonings include thyme, basil, pepper, salt, turmeric, paprika, oregano, and rosemary.
- High carb foods like starchy vegetables, fruits, grains and legumes. These are permitted in small amounts. That too, as per your daily carb allotment.
Foods To Eliminate In A Vegetarian Keto Diet
In a vegetarian keto diet, it’s important to avoid seafood and meat.
- Meat – Goat, lamb, pork, beef, veal.
- Fish and shellfish – Tuna, salmon, anchovies, lobster, sardines.
- Poultry – Turkey, chicken, duck and goose.
Foods To Limit In A Vegetarian Keto Diet
The following food items must be included in a limit:
- Sugar-sweetened beverages like sweet tea, soda, sports drinks, energy drinks, and juice.
- Grains like rice, bread, oats, millets, quinoa, barley, buckwheat and pasta.
- Legumes like peas, beans, chickpeas and lentils.
- Fruits like bananas, apples, melon, berries, plums, apricots and peaches.
- Condiments like honey mustard, barbecue sauce, marinades, kinds of ketchup, and sweetened salad dressings.
- Alcoholic beverages like wine, beer, and sweetened cocktails.
- Sweeteners like honey, white sugar, brown sugar, agave nectar and maple syrup.
On a short note, a vegetarian keto diet eliminates all meat. It limits high-carb foods like sugary drinks, starchy veggies, grains and fruits.
We, at A Life Plus, provide keto meal plans to citizens registered under NDIS, according to their diet requirements. Many dieticians and experts believe that keto meals can help shed weight and improve an individual’s health. The diet is said to be helpful in curing various diseases, including cancer, diabetes, and epilepsy.
They design and deliver the keto meal according to your macros, taste, and preferences. Including the items like seafood, cheese, avocados, low-carb veggies, eggs, Greek yogurt, and others, a ketogenic meal plan delivered to your home makes your food o’clock delicious yet healthy.
Bonus Point – Vegetarian Keto Snacks
In between the meals, you can enjoy vegetarian keto snacks as well. Check them out below:
- Full-fat Greek yogurt with walnuts
- Chia seed pudding with unsweetened coconut milk
- Carrots with guacamole
- Roasted pumpkin seeds
- Zucchini chips
- Flax crackers with sliced cheese
- Celery with peanut butter
- Mixed nuts
- Whipped cream with blackberries
- Cottage cheese with black pepper
Above is a sample menu of a series of snacks that you can prepare in between the meals.
Make your own keto diet menu and enjoy keto diet meals in Australia!