We are proud to announce that Norwest Medical Imaging has installed a new and advanced digital mammography system with 3D Tomosynthesis. We are continuously striving to provide excellent imaging services to our patients with the advanced technology provided by our new machine, The Senographe* Pristina by GE.
Combined with the skills of our experienced mammography technicians, our newest installation allows us to deliver images of the highest quality while also increasing patient comfort.
The Senographe* Pristina is a full field digital mammography system designed to offer an extensive breast care solution with screening and diagnostic capabilities, focused on an ergonomic design for the technologist and patient comfort.
- Designed with self compression for patient comfort
- Wheelchair access, MITA compliant
- Thinner Bucky than previous platform making it easier to position all body types
- Rounded edges detector for patient comfort
- Delivering Images of the highest quality due to the advanced technology
- Smooth digital workflow connectivity therefore reducing patient waiting times
Our new machine, The Senographe Pristina features a 24 x 29 cm detector,offering both digital mammography and 3D Tomosynthesis designed to offer full breast coverage in a single image. Smaller breasts can also be imaged in any view with paddles that can slide to both sides of the detector.
What is the importance of mammogram screening?
Breast cancer is a risk all women face. Mammogram screening is the single most effective tool in early detection of breast cancer and is proven to save lives.
Since mammography detects signs of breast cancer early, doctors can treat the disease before symptoms begin, resulting in:
- Treating smaller masses that are confined to the breast
- Less invasive treatments with fewer side effects
- Better long-term prognosis for patients
It is important to know the normal look and feel of your breasts.
Things you should look out for include:
- a new lump or lumpiness in your breasts, especially if it is in only one breast
- a change in the size and shape of your breast
- a change to the nipple such as crusting, an ulcer, redness or the nipple pulled in
- a change in the skin of your breast such as redness or dimpling or puckered skin
- a pain that does not go away.
If you have any concerns regarding your breast health please see your doctor or chosen health care professional.
To make a booking for this service please contact Norwest Medical Imaging on 1300 339 729
For more information please go to http://www.breastscreen.nsw.gov.au/Post navigation
HAPPY HALLOWEEN- trick or treat?