A Triple Band wifi repeater, the Netgear Nighthawk EX8000 setup is very simple to operate. The Nighthawk AC3000 has a specific 5 GHz band that can support speeds of up to 1.7 Gbps, which you may increase for your computers. There are several ways to set up a Netgear EX8000 and they are given below:
- Link your EX8000 device to WPS Wi-Fi The quickest approach to set up your EX8000 Wi-fi extender is through protected setup, which doesn’t need you to log into one of your computers or provide any information.
- Use the Netgear Installation Assistant to attach the EX8000. You must first start the internet on your wifi device and then choose the Netgear Installation Assistant.
Netgear EX8000 extender setup gives high speed internet connection.It offers you AC dual band WiFi and quick WiFi performance. The Netgear WIFI extender attached to your current router creates a Fastlane connection.
There are three primary ways to set up a Netgear EX8000- AC3000: manually, with installation aid, and utilising WPS.
Login process of Netgear Nighthawk EX8000-AC3000
To login your Netgear AC1200 extender follow the instructions given below:
- From a smartphone or tablet linked to your extender’s network, open a web browser.
- Enter mywifiext.net into the address bar of your web browser if your extender and router have distinct WiFi network names (SSIDs).
- Enter http://extender’s IP address> into the email box of your browser if your extender and router share the same Wireless internet name (SSID).
- Press ENTER
- Fill your username and password.
- Press the login button.
- To review and modify the extender’s options, choose Settings.
So here your login process of Netgear AX1800 Extender setup is successfully completed.
How to setup Netgear Nighthawk EX8000
Follow the instructions given below to setup your Netgear Nighthawk EX8000- AC3000:
- Activate your extender and choose a cable or wifi connection to link it to your internet.
- Open your preferred web browser after your PC or smartphone has connected.
- Use the URL myWiFiext.net to access the login page for the extender, and enter your username and password in the appropriate fields.
- On your PC, the Netgear Genie page will now display.
- Then, depending on how your system is set up, you have to pick one of two possibilities.
- Simply choose Save after making your selections to finish configuring your Netgear EX8000 .
Netgear Nighthawk EAX8000 setup via Manual Method
Additionally it is also known as web browser setup, the manual method. Follow the steps below to learn how to manually configure a Netgear WiFi extender:
- First, connect the Netgear extender to a plug box and turn it on.
- Connect your Netgear Nighthawk extender to your router.
- Link to Netgear_ext SSID by selecting the network management.
- any web browser
- By default, go to the mywifiext login page.
- Create an account there if you don’t already have one.
- After selecting next, touch the finish button.
You have successfully finished the manual setup of your Netgear AX1800 Extender.
Netgear Nighthawk EX8000 Setup via WPS
WPS (WIFI PROTECTED SETUP) is the easiest way for the setup of the netgear wifi extender. Follow the instructions as written below:
- Firstly, power on your extender.
- Now press the WPS button for some time.
- Your LED indicator will then turn green, indicating that your extension and router are correctly connected.
- Do the same thing once more with the dual band range extender.
- Use the same network password here that you would for your router’s network.
- For default username and password you can check the WIFI extender manual.
- At last link your wifi system to the extended Netgear_EXT SSID .
Now your Netgear Nighthawk EX8000 setup using WPS method has successfully completed
To fix the issues during the setup of Netgear AC3000 Extender follow the troubleshooting steps given below:
- The primary power supply is correctly connected to the Nighthawk EX8000 extender.
- Check to see whether your electrical outlet is in good condition and isn’t broken or shorted out.
- Make use of a fast connection.
- Verify that each cable is securely connected.
- Use only intact wires.
- Put your extender inside your router’s signal range. If mywifiext.net isn’t working, double-check your spelling in the address bar.
- Upgrade your extender’s firmware to the most recent version.
- Set the Netgear EX8000 extender’s settings back to original levels.
How do I change the firmware on my Netgear Nighthawk EX8000
Let’s talk about how to check the firmware on a Netgear EX8000 AC3000 wireless extender:
- Make sure your EX8000 AC3000 extender is correctly hooked into the power outlet before upgrading the firmware.
- Your computer or mobile should be connected to the Nighthawk Ext network.
- Once you’ve established a connection, open a web browser and enter www.mywifiext.net in the address bar.
- You are now on the page for the Netgear Nighthawk EX8000 Extender.
- Log in to your account using your passwords.
- The process of checking for firmware upgrades will take a few minutes.
- By selecting “Yes,” you may begin upgrading the Netgear AC3000 extender’s firmware.
NOTE : While installing the most recent firmware, do not disconnect or remove the Netgear EX8000 from the power outlet.
How to reset Netgear Nighthawk EX8000
To reset the netgear setup follow the steps given below:
- Switch on your extender , the LED lights will turn green in colour.
- Now to stabilise LED lights on your extender , this will take at least 5 minutes.
- Detect your extender’s reset button.
- Now use the similarly sized object to hold the reset button for up to 10 seconds so that LED light starts blinking.
- To stabilise LED lights on your extender , this will take at least 5 minutes
Your netgear wifi extender is now reset successfully .
Mywifiext.net and Mywifiext.local are the same words, so if you are still having issues, you may verify your default login IP address, call us at our toll-free number, or chat online with one of our specialists.