Once more, it’s that time of year! It’s time for spring cleaning because the weather is getting warmer and the days are growing longer. This is the ideal time to clear out all the mess that has accumulated over the winter and to start over for the next spring and summer. So where do you even begin? Decluttering your home is an excellent place to start. To do this, look through your possessions and get rid of anything you don’t use or need. You can start cleaning your home when you have decluttered it.
Start with the fundamentals, like vacuuming and dusting. After that, you can continue with more intensive cleaning projects like scrubbing the floors and washing the windows. Remember to clean up your pantry and refrigerator as well! Once the cleaning is done, you can relax and take pleasure in a job well done. Additionally, you’ll be able to relish the coming summer in a tidy and uncluttered home.
Some people use spring cleaning as an opportunity to finally get rid of everything they’ve been putting off for weeks, months, or even years. It’s a chance for them to simplify and tidy their lives. Others will use the opportunity to thoroughly clean their residence from top to bottom, removing all the dust and filth that has accumulated over the past few months.
About Our Spring Cleaning Services
Our spring cleaning services begin with a homeowner consultation. During this consultation, we will learn more about your household and specific cleaning requests. This is how we like to begin all of our relationships, whether it be for recurring services or an occasional clean (like spring cleaning).
Most spring cleaning service sessions include the following cleaning tasks:
- Wipe down all surfaces (tables, countertops, appliances, furniture, chairs).
- Clean window sills.
- Vacuum curtains, drapes and furniture cushions.
- Dust light fixtures, picture frames, molding and knickknacks.
- Clean doorknobs and drawer handles throughout the home.
- Scrub the bathtub, shower, sink basins and of course the toilet.
- Wipe down appliances
- Change bed linens (if requested) and more – custom cleaning plans are available!
If you have any special requests or only need help with certain cleaning tasks, talk to your local Molly Maid about your spring cleaning plan. It’s our goal to make your spring cleaning a breeze so you have more free time to spend however you’d like – probably by enjoying the nice weather!
Spring Cleaning Household Items
Implement a few of these shortcuts to make your spring cleaning – and your everyday cleaning – much easier.
- Dusting is important work, but you’ll save time and need to dust less often if you:
- Regularly change the air filter in your furnace. It will trap dust for you!
- Use dryer sheets, even used ones, as dusting cloths for window blinds and baseboards. They leave a trace of anti-static fabric softener that repels dust and leaves a nice smell.
- Dryer sheets can also be placed inside your furnace/AC registers to trap dust while keeping your house smelling fresh.
- Microfiber dusting cloths are superior to paper towels and other cleaning cloths. You’ll also use less cleaning solution with them, which helps your cleaning supplies last longer.
- If your spring cleaning plan extends to cleaning your vehicles, you’ll find that placing one or two pieces of activated charcoal (not the kind for your grill) under the seats will eliminate odors.
- Does your garbage disposal smell funky? Try cleaning the splash guard. After making sure the disposal is turned off, use a disinfectant-dipped cloth to wipe the top and bottom of the black, rubber ring in your sink.
- When cleaning your glass and mirrors, use newspapers instead of cloth or paper towels.
- Newspaper is also great at soaking up juices from leftover food. Try lining your garbage can with yesterday’s news to keep the can clean and stink-free.
- Clean your stainless-steel appliances by applying baby oil to a microfiber cloth and wiping with the grain. Baby oil costs virtually nothing compared to store-bought cleaner.