Like other software, WordPress also needs to be updated time and again to run the website smoothly and proactively. Thus, being a regular WordPress user, you are recommended to check the available WordPress updates. If you are not enough proficient, you can freely contact the top-most WordPress Maintenance Company to get your work done with ease. After updating, you can hassle-freely access the recently launched features and also keep your WordPress site highly protective and well-functioning. In this tutorial, we will walk you through the suitable set of instructions for quick WordPress Updates. Thus, keep reading the post carefully!
What do You need To Update In WordPress?
When it comes to updating WordPress itself, there are main three crucial parts of your site that have to update. They are:
- The core software
- WordPress Plugins
- WordPress Themes
Additionally, there are translation file updates, but WordPress automatically handles these kinds of WordPress updates. You can avail of blue-chip WordPress Security Services for your website update without any interpretation and immense security.
Let’s Prepare To Update WordPress
Data loss and Compatibility issues are the most common problem that you may experience after making changes to the underlying software. Thus, it is highly recommended to back up your WordPress site before applying updates. Once you make a backup of your smooth-running site, you can protect yourself from these compatibility issues with your installed plugins. Moreover, you will be prevented from losing your important data.
No one can assist you as better as the WordPress Maintenance Company. Therefore, make sure to consult a trustworthy and cost-effective WordPress security firm for better help and support.
Relevant Ways To Update WordPress Core Software
Go through the respective guidelines noted below if you are really looking for the WordPress Update procedure. Every part of your site that is required to be upgraded is shown here separately. So, let’s give an instant glimpse and follow them accordingly.
Procedure 1: Update WordPress Core Software
You can frequently update your WordPress core application directly from WordPress Dashboard. It is the simplest method because if there’s a core update available you will be notified. A non-dismissible statement will appear at the top of every page in your WordPress admin dashboard. This is how you will know whether Core Software has to update or not. Howsoever, the comprehensive steps are given underneath. Let’s implement:
- First and foremost, go to the “Dashboard” section.
- Then, tap the “Updates” tab.
- If there’s a new release available, you will see a prompt to “Update Now.”
- All you need to do is click on the “Update Now” button.
- During the update, WordPress will automatically put your site into maintenance mode. As soon as the update process ends, WordPress will then automatically make your site hindrance-freely accessible again.
- Usually, the update takes only a couple of seconds, so your visitors won’t even notice the change.
Procedure 2: Update WordPress Themes And Plugins
Reminder: Before making attempt to update your WordPress themes or plugins, make sure you have backed up your site.
Now, go through the below noted stepwise directives to update the themes and plugins directly from the WordPress dashboard. Let’s implement now:
- First, go to the WordPress “Dashboard” section.
- Then, click on the “Updates” tab.
- Afterward, a complete list of all your installed themes and plugins with available updates will appear.
- You can click on the check-boxes to select which extensions you are required to update.
Furthermore, you can also update plugins from the WordPress Plugins area of your dashboard. If you use the “Update Available” tab, you can easily modify all of your plugins with available updates.
From there, you can either:
- Update an individual plugin just by clicking on the “Update Now” link in that plugin’s description.
- For bulk plugins update, use the checkboxes and set the drop-down to “Update”.
To update themes for your WordPress Security Services site, here’s what to follow:
- First, give a click on the “Appearance” tab present in the left side menu bar.
- Then, select the “Themes” option.
- If a theme has an update available, you’ll see a notice and a link to “Update Now.”
- Simply, you have hit on the “Update Now” button and let the available updates be downloaded.
Another Course Of Actions To Update Themes And Plugins
You can even update a theme or plugin via FTP. Make sure to download the latest version of the theme or plugin from the developer team of WordPress Maintenance Company. If the file is downloaded in a ZIP file, extract the ZIP file.
Now, let’s start by following:
- First of all, connect to your server via FTP.
- Then, browse the “wp-content/themes” for theme update or “wp-content/plugins” for Plugins update.
- Now, delete the folder for the theme or plugin that you want to update.
- Now, in the end, upload the folder from the ZIP file that contains the newest version of your theme or plugin.
Don’t worry about losing any of your plugin content with this execution. All of your plugin content/settings are already stored in your site’s database. So, removing and re-uploading the files themselves won’t cause any additional issues.
Safely Apply WordPress Updates Via Reliable WordPress Maintenance Company
We hope that you might be applicable to update WordPress without facing any hurdles. If you need advanced support, reach out to the world’s best WordPress Maintenance Company. The technical and talented team will guide you properly. For more detail, you can dial the 24×7 helpline number.