The printer is known for its high quality and the latest technology, Brother Printers are significantly increasing in popularity over the last few years. After you have installed the printer you are able to use wireless or wired devices to print your documents or photographs effortlessly. But, as with other all-in-one printers however, the Brother Printer won’t scan to computers for a variety of reasons. While these issues may be annoying, if you find the real cause behind the issue, you’ll be able to eliminate the issue quickly.
We will examine the different factors that prevent the Brother Printer from being able to scan to computer, and will guide you through the different methods for troubleshooting. So, you can ensure smooth operation of the device, and arm your most efficient techniques for troubleshooting to fix the same issues that could arise in the near future. Check out the article!
Brother Printer Prints, But Doesn’t Scan? Here’s Why!
Before we get into the troubleshooting aspect Let’s look at the reasons why the Brother Printer cannot scan; However, it prints without difficulty. This will allow you to resolve the issue efficiently and swiftly. One of the primary causes of why the Brother printer will not scan is when the printer is shut off. It is crucial that the printer is on and is not in a state of idle. Additionally, if the printer is showing any error alerts, like paper jam, empty ink/toner or empty. There is a chance that your Brother printer isn’t able to scan. You can also visit printer repair expert dubai.
Other than one of the main reasons that the Brother Printer prints but not scan There are other issues that could affect the Brother scanner driver could stop the possibility of scanning any type of document. Therefore, you should determine if the correct scanner driver is running on your system. Here’s how to check:
- Use”Windows+R” and “Windows+R” buttons to start the Run dialog box.
- Enter “control” into the box available and press Enter.
- After you have the Control Panel open, type “scanner” in the search box of the Control Panel.
- Click on “View cameras and scanners”.
- Look for the necessary scanner icon on the Brother Printer you have. If there’s no icon Install the driver.
- Visit the official site of the printer manufacturer’s website , and click on the “Downloads” section.
- Download the appropriate scanner driver for your device and then follow the prompts displayed on the screen for installing it onto your PC.
How do I get the Brother printer to scan my Computer?
It is essential to adhere to the correct method of scanning documents to your computer using Brother Printer. There are instances where users face problems like Brother Printer scan Brother Printer cannot scan because the proper scanning method is not adhered to. Before you begin the scanning process, you have to transfer the document or photo onto the scanner lens of your printer, making sure your printer has one. The next step is to select”Windows Fax and Scan” followed by the “Windows Fax and Scan” option and then the click “New Scan”. If there are more than one imaging devices on your system then you need to select your scanner before clicking”OK”.
After you’ve completed the series of steps After that, you can select the scanning options, and then select”Scan. “Scan” button to finish the procedure.
How do I fix Brother Printer Scan Not working?
Finding the cause behind Brother Printer scan to computer issues can help you solve the issue more efficiently and swiftly. There are many methods to fix the problem when your Brother Printer isn’t able to scan to your computer, the listed below are the most effective. You can use them exactly and guarantee an immediate resolution to the issue with scanning with the Brother printer.
- Find for the IP address of your printer:
When your Brother Printer isn’t able to scan, you could print a lost network configuration to get the IP address of your device. The list contains an entire report of the current network configuration, as well as the settings of the printer’s network. If you aren’t sure which method to use to print out the network configuration report using your Brother Printer follow the procedure described below: Also contact our expert printer repair technician dubai.
- On your Brother Printer select”Menu” on your Brother Printer “Menu” option.
- Choose “Print report” and then click “Network Configuration”.
- Click “OK” after which choose “Black (Mono)”Start” as well as choose the “Color Start” or “Start” option.
- Press Stop/Exit.
- Set the driver’s IP address for the scanner:
It is possible to go through your Control Panel of your computer and search for “scanner” into the Search box. Once you’ve done that then follow the steps below to change the IP address of the scanner driver:
- Select “View camera and scanners”.
- Select your scanner in the available alternatives.
- Go to “Properties” and then on the UAC screen you can click “Continue” (or “Yes”.
- Select the “Network Setting” tab, then select “Specify your machine’s address”.
- Enter the IP address of the device and then click “OK” to finish the procedure.
- Make sure to check your Firewall settings:
It could happen that the firewall or any other security software installed on your computer blocks the Brother Printer from scanning any document. It usually happens because the firewall blocks the connection to the network required to allow the software to function correctly. For these printer problem to be resolved, you’ll need to disable the firewall on your PC and then try scanning again. If you notice that the issue is Brother Printer prints but won’t scan, you should disengage the firewall anytime you have to scan a document with the printer. The following steps to turn off the firewall of your Windows PC:
- Open your Control Panel of your computer and click “System and Security”.
- Choose”Windows Defender Firewall. “Windows Defender Firewall” option.
- Choose “Network as well as Sharing Center” located in the lower-left part of the Control Panel window.
- In the “View the active networks” section, look up the location of your network.
- Go back to the Control Panel and click on “Windows Firewall”.
- Choose”Turn Windows Firewall on or off “Turn Windows Firewall either off or on” option.
- Choose “Turn off Windows Firewall for your network area” and click “OK”.
- After you have completed a network operation Turn off the firewall.
- Verify that you are running the Control Center is running
It is essential that the Control Center must be running to make sure the Brother Printer scans your document. The following steps to verify this:
- Select the Start menu and then click on “All Applications”.
- Simply click on “Brother” followed by click on “Brother Utilities” followed by “Control Center”.
- Find out if you’re capable of scanning a document. If not, move on to the next step of troubleshooting.
- Make sure that the proper scanner driver has been installed to your PC and ensure that the port is properly set up.
- Visit Scanner Properties.
- Go to”Network Setting” in the “Network Configuration” tab beneath “Network Properties for Scanners”.
- Choose the option “Specify your machine’s address” as well as “Specify your machine’s name”.
When you are completing step no.7 If you’d prefer to select the machine’s address, fill in the IP address, and click “Apply” then “OK”. In contrast If you would prefer to specify the machine’s name, then you must enter the name of the machine into the Node Name box.
Scanning documents in PDF format using a Brother Printer
Many users need Brother Printer scan to PDF to satisfy their needs. When you’ve got a file that you want to be converted into PDF and you would like the Brother printer to do the requirement this requirement, you can achieve it by following a few easy steps. While the process of scanning documents to PDF is easy and simple but you should follow the suggested steps to avoid making any mistakes.
for Windows PC
If you’ve got Windows OS installed, you must first install Windows OS installed on your computer, then visit the Control Center and then select “Brother Utilities” and select the models that are supported. Additionally, you must start Brother Utilities and select the “Scan” option. After that, click”Control Center 4″ and then click on the “Control Center 4” option, and then open the “Device Scan Settings” window. If you select the home mode, select”Device Scan Settings” “Device Settings” tab followed by “Device Scan Settings”. But, when you are in”Advanced Mode”, you need to click on “Advanced Mode” you have to select “Device Settings” followed by “Device Scan Settings”. In this case, you must go through the following steps:
- In the “Device Scan Settings” window, select”File” “File” Tab.
- Choose the PDF (*.pdf) under “File Type”.
- Modify the settings according to the requirements and then click “OK” for saving the settings.
Utilizing the Mac using a Mac, you can find answers to your questions, such as how to scan a Brother Printer and save in PDF, following the steps outlined under:
- Visit Control Center on your Mac. Control Center within your Mac.
- Select “Go” on the bar called Finder, and then select Applications, followed by Brother and Control Center.
- Click twice on Control Center.
- Hold and press the Ctrl button and select “File”.
- Simply click on the Device Button tab and choose PDF (*pdf) from the File Type.
- Modify the scan settings, then click “OK”.
After saving the scanned file in PDF format, if you wish, you may send your Brother Printer scan to email by attaching the saved file while writing the email from the email address you have on your account.
Problems with Brother Printers that don’t scan to your computer can be very frustrating, particularly when you’re in a hurry. If you can determine the root of these issues, you will be able to resolve the issue in a short time and guarantee the continued scanning of the document. Use the various methods to troubleshoot as described in this post to assure a quick resolution for scanning issues that occur with Your Brother Printer.